As fantastic as it is, being Canadian isn't totally restricted to eating lots of maple syrup and saying 'sorry' all the time (although both totally happen).
Plenty of reasons are out there for why we love being Canadian. Stereotypes certainly exist but thankfully they reinforce the best parts of our culture. Let's just try to keep Toronto traffic and road rage a deep dark secret.
Without further ado, here are 10 fantastic reasons to be Canadian, as highlighted on Reddit. If any of these are too small to read, hold 'CTRL' and scroll up with the mouse wheel to make them bigger.
1. Canadian stereotypes are positively awesome.
2. Canadians dying in the apocalypse translates to no more hope for humanity.
3. Canadian multiculturalism at its best.
4. There was a Canadian maple syrup heist. (Seriously, I can't make this up).
5. Canada just wants to be free and independent (but we love our U.S. neighbours all the same).
6. Canadians can make delicious frozen treats out of syrup and snow. (Why have I never tried this?)
7. Because Canada, eh.
8. Canadian beer is great no matter where you go. (A real promotion by Molson Coors).
9. Canadians just like to make friends with everyone.
10. Because JIM CARREY is Canadian!
Are you Canadian? Why do you love living in Canada or what do you like best about being Canadian? Share your thoughts in the comments.
(Okay, bonus, here's 4 more):
11. Canadians storming the Olympics.
12. Because Canada a Bit to the Left & Warm Canada
13. Because Canada is really big! (And there's even a song!)
14. Because Canadian burglars don't get shot, just lectured.
Okay, now we're done. Let us know what you think.